Skip navigation

Important transfer information for social workers and students

Photo of an illuminated information sign - (c) MrSchuhReeds

Information for social workers
As long as you are on the register at the end of July then we will pass your details to the Health Professions Council (HPC) and they will write to you in August with details on what you need to do next. In the short term please make sure we have up-to-date contact details for you. Details on how inform us of any changes to your personal information can be found below.

Information for final year students and newly UK qualified social workers
If you have just qualified, or are about to, and need to register as a qualified social worker please follow the advice given in the email we sent to you in April. Please do not forget to check that your higher education institution (HEI) has sent us your pass result before you send in your application. If you apply in July you will also need to send us proof that you have a job offer that is dependent on registration. We estimate that we will need to receive your application by 18 July at the very latest to allow us to assess your application before our closure on 31 July. From 1 August you should apply for registration directly with the Health Professions Council.

Information for social work students
We will be transferring the student part of the register to the Health Professions Council (HPC) when we close. HPC's Council will be making a final decision on student registration in the coming months and will then publish the outcome and guidance for students. In the meantime please keep us up-to-date with your personal information, as detailed below.

Information for all registrants
When the transfer happens, your registration details will be passed to the HPC, who will contact you about their registration requirements. It is essential that the contact details we have for you are up-to-date.

If you have set-up a MyGSCC online account you can update your details using MyGSCC until 18 July 2012. If you do not have an account but would like to use MyGSCC, you can still set-up an account until 30 June 2012.

You can also notify us of changes to your details over the telephone on 0845 070 0630; by emailing us at [email protected] ; or by post to the following address:

The Changes Team
Myson House
Railway terrace
CV21 3HT

Please send us any changes to your details before 18 July 2012, after this date any changes we receive will be passed on to HPC with your registration data.

Print | Back | Forward to a friend »

Have your say

You can leave comments on the article you've just read here. If you have a question for the GSCC please contact us rather than posting it here.

* Compulsory fields
† Responses may be edited

© Copyright 2015